FAQ’s Hosting an Exchange Student
How will hosting benefit my family?
- Show a student from another culture that Americans are interested in building international relationships and passionate about their local communities.
- Get an up-close and personal perspective on another culture.
- Give your children an understanding of other cultures and the ability to communicate cross-culturally.
What would my responsibilities be?
- Room and board
- Transportation or carpooling
- Guidance and support
What are the costs to my family?
- Host families are responsible for room and board. (Students will bring their own spending money for souvenirs and entertainment.)
We are very busy. Is that a problem?
- Busy families make the best host families as this is the best way for students to learn about life in the US.